let's change the world through tourism.
GreenStep Sustainable Tourism provides assessments, programs, and certifications to help tourism destinations and businesses measure and improve their sustainability performance.
Programs and Services for the Tourism Industry
Assessments & Action Plans
Measure your sustainability performance, identify gaps, set goals, create an action plan, and access support:
- Comprehensive sustainability assessments for tourism businesses and destinations
- Engagement programs for tourism businesses
- Sustainability and climate action plans
- Sustainable Tourism Intelligence Dashboard
- Sustainable Tourism 2030 Pledge
Sustainable Tourism certification
Take your commitment to the next level and become GreenStep Sustainable Tourism Certified with our Global Sustainable Tourism Council-Recognized and aligned standards.
- Certification for tourism destinations
- Certification for tourism businesses
- Expert guidance and support
- Get recognized for your sustainability achievements
Fund large energy saving retrofits and carbon reduction projects, working towards net zero emissions by 2030, at no cost to your business. GreenStep EcoFund provides:
- Energy assessments
- Carbon measurement and science-based reduction targets
- Project identification, prioritization and implementation support
- Significant cost savings
- Innovative funding model
Sustainability training & Support
- Training, workshops, and facilitation for tourism destinations and businesses
- Global Sustainable Tourism Council training
- Custom program development
GreenStep can help your tourism business or destination measure and create a plan for reducing your carbon footprint.
- EcoBase carbon measurement software
- EcoBase destination data hub
- Carbon measurement training
- Climate action plans
We've helped over 3000 businesses since 2008
Helping the Tourism Industry Meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals
The criteria used in our assessments and certifications are based upon the Global Sustainable Tourism Council criteria for tourism destinations and industry, and cover all 17 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
“Thank you for all your help and guidance. It was such a great learning opportunity for us as a centre, I am excited to keep moving forward with our sustainability practices and adapting new ones as we grow as a visitor centre!
“I was searching for a green program for the hotel. Having a rating is nice but having a sustainability action plan is what got me excited about joining.”
“Sustainable Tourism helped us focus our commitment to sustainability and look deeply into our winery operations. We have made changes and engaged our employees in finding additional opportunities for continued sustainability initiatives.”